Fondos de Ensueño



....

Monday, November 12, 2012

Love Gifts


Riding misty horses and with tinkling bells sounding everywhere is Christmas on way. Men are getting ready to give presents to their loved and not so loved ones and, while they decide  what will be their gifts embellish their houses joyfully for it comes the day when we celebrate when in Bethlehem was born our young God, our Savior.
I've been thinking like everyone what gifts to give, I have gone back in my memory to my childhood and walked calmly the Christmas I had already experienced trying to choose the best gift I had received. I had books and also jewelry, beautiful toys, cosmetics, clothes, perfumes and roses and many other things that I forget to mention. Without diminishing the fond memories that each of them produces in me I must confess the best gift I had ever received was an act of love.
So many acts of love I remember that I have had a little trouble choosing which to mention. Perhaps the one which perfectly fix with the occasion is my earlier approach to our Lord. I was born Jewish, just over two decades after World War and even when my country was neutral throughout the entire process there was evilness nesting in the hearts of ungodly people. One day someone saw my mother sacrificing a white lamb to Lord and from then committed all sorts of crimes and horrible sins against us. Those who accused us and convinced other to harm us were witches but I did not know it until many years later, in those days I believed Christians were attacking us.
By the time I turned six years old I already had a few years suffering the horror we were subjecting to just for sadism and very depressed asked my mother
-Why do they attack us? She replied without hesitation
-It’s for religion.
And I answered with another question. -Can we be like them so we can have peace?
My sister Isbelia looked to my mother who pensive doubted about the response she should give me and said, -I can do it mother, if that's going to make her happy I can be baptize.
Soon my whole family was baptized, even my older sisters which were reluctant at first made the decision to become Christians and at the end I was baptized too, of course this did not stop those who robbed and harmed us but the love my sister and rest of my family showed to the little girl who was stripped, humiliated and almost killed, in the classroom of the parish school, for having relatives who were Levites and their decision to make me happy comforted my soul for the rest of my life.
That year our neighbors taught us to practice their beliefs, their traditions and how to celebrate Christmas. We were taught to prepare holiday dishes and so many people changed their food with ours that in the end what was in our fridge came from everywhere else than our home.
Of course that was only a baptism; baptism and conversion are two different things. Baptism is a rite by which we become part of God’s church; conversion is the change that takes place in the soul of those who learn gospel and decide to serve Lord. My conversion actually happened many years later in adolescence but that Primal approach to our Lord changed my life. In the lessons of the ones who taught me gospel I found that I should feel proud to be part of the household of the Lord and that those who attacked us, as Lord said on the cross, did not know what they were doing for in God's name they massacred Savior’s family.
That first Christmas tree which was nothing more than a dead branch covered with soap foam to simulate snow, with some small ornaments and Christmas’ cards among the twinkling lights overshadow in my memory the beauty of the beautiful tree I've been creating through years. I say through years because I do not follow fashion as to ornaments but I chose a theme and gradually increased ornaments year by year, always caring motifs relevant to the above. My tree is a scenario where angels play music and birds sing sweet praises to Lord. Every day when I turn on lights I play sacred music and let it invade the place until dawn. I sit in the dark to contemplate its beauty and take note of what I would like to add next year and I take the whole year long to look calmly from store to store until I find it.
You may be wondering why do I say Merry Christmas so early; is that along with my thanks to mine dear ones for their loving care I want to rely on you God's love. May your hearts be filled with peace and your souls be always full of desire to give joy to those around you, whether relatives or not.
May God bless and keep you, may He be your shelter and be your defend. May He shine his face over your faces and put peace in your hearts.

 

Regalos De Amor
Sobre blancos corceles con sus cascabeles tintineando sin parar está por llegar ya la navidad. Los hombres del mundo se alistan a dar presentes a todos sus seres queridos y no tan queridos y, mientras eligen que regalo dar decoran sus casas con gran alborozo pues viene ya el día para celebrar que en Belén nació el pequeño Dios; nuestro Salvador.
He estado pensando como todo el mundo que regalo dar, he ido de vuelta hasta mi infancia y he recorrido con calma las navidades que ya he vivido queriendo elegir el mejor regalo que yo recibí. Me han dado libros y joyas también, juguetes hermosos, cosméticos, ropas, perfumes y rosas y otras tantas cosas que olvido nombrar. Sin menoscabar el grato recuerdo que cada uno de ellos produce en mí debo confesar que el mejor regalo que yo recibí fue un gesto de amor.
Son tantos los gestos de amor que recuerdo que me está costando un poco elegir cual mencionar. Tal vez el primero que debo nombrar fue mi más temprano acercamiento al Señor. Yo nací judía, poco más de dos décadas después de la guerra mundial y aunque mi país fue neutral a lo largo de todo el proceso había maldad en los corazones de gente impía. Un buen día alguien vio a mi madre sacrificar un cordero al Señor y a partir de allí cometieron toda clase de delitos y pecados horribles contra nosotros. Quienes nos acusaban y convencían a otros de dañarnos eran brujos pero yo no lo supe hasta muchos años después, en esos días yo creí que los cristianos me agredían.
Para cuando cumplí seis años ya llevaba varios años sufriendo el horror al que nos estaban sometiendo por puro sadismo y muy deprimida pregunte a mi madre
-¿porque nos agreden? Ella contesto sin vacilación
–Es por religión
Y yo conteste con otra pregunta. -¿Podemos ser como ellos para que tengamos paz?
Mi hermana Isbelia miro a mi madre que pensativa dudaba acerca de la respuesta que debía darme y le dijo: -Yo puedo hacerlo, si eso la va a hacer feliz a ella yo puedo bautizarme.
Pronto toda mi familia se había bautizado, incluso mis hermanas mayores que al principio estaban renuentes tomaron la decisión de ser cristianas y al final yo también fui bautizada, claro que esto no detuvo a quienes nos robaban y dañaban pero el amor de mi hermana y del resto de mi familia por la pequeña niña a la que habían desnudado humillado e intentado matar en el salón de clases de la escuela parroquial por tener parientes levitas y su decisión de hacerme feliz consoló mi alma para el resto de mis días en este mundo.
Ese año nuestros vecinos nos enseñaron a practicar sus creencias, sus tradiciones y a celebrar la navidad. Nos enseñaron a preparar los platos navideños y tantos intercambiaron su comida con la nuestra que al final lo que había en nuestra nevera provenía de las casas de todos y no de la nuestra.
Claro que eso fue solo un bautismo, bautismo y conversión son dos cosas muy distintas. El bautismo es el rito por medio del cual llegamos a ser parte de la iglesia del Señor, conversión es el cambio que se opera en el alma de quien aprende el evangelio y decide servir al Señor. Mi conversión realmente ocurrió unos cuantos años después en la adolescencia pero ese primigenio acercamiento al Señor cambio mi vida. En las lecciones de quienes me enseñaron el evangelio encontré que debo sentir orgullo de ser parte de la parentela del Señor y que quienes nos agredieron, como dijo el Señor en la cruz, no sabían lo que hacían pues en nombre del Señor masacraron a su familia.
Aquel primer árbol de navidad que no era más que una rama seca cubierta de espuma de jabón para simular la nieve, con algunos pequeños adornos y las tarjetas de los vecinos tintineando entre las luces consigue opacar en mi recuerdo la belleza del hermoso árbol que he ido creando a través de los años. Digo a través de los años porque yo no sigo la moda en cuanto a adornos sino que elegí un tema y he ido incrementando con los años los adornos pero siempre cuidando que guarden relación con los anteriores. Mi árbol es un escenario en donde los ángeles son músicos y los pajaritos cantan dulces alabanzas al Señor. Cada día al encenderlo coloco música sacra y dejo que ella invada el lugar hasta el amanecer. Me siento en la oscuridad a contemplar su belleza y tomo nota de lo que me gustaría añadirle el próximo año y me tomo todo el año para buscarlo con calma de tienda en tienda.
Se preguntaran porque les digo feliz navidad tan temprano; es que quiero no solo agradecer a los míos por todo su amor sino invocar sobre Ustedes el amor de Dios. Que sus corazones rebocen de paz y su alma este siempre plena de deseo de dar dicha a quienes les rodean, sean sus parientes o no.
Que Dios los bendiga y los guarde, que El sea su escudo y también su adarga y su protección. Que El haga brillar su rostro en sus caras que El ponga en Ustedes paz.


No comments:

Post a Comment