Fondos de Ensueño



....

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lessons kept in soul


I was a student of the god of clay, the sculptor Alonso Rivera; I had a serious problem in those days that was reflected in my work, a childhood trauma that made me obsessed with cleanliness. Imagine an art student who spends most of her time keeping the working area clean and tidy instead of creating. I was paying the most expensive school in the city, had the luxury of being the student of the geniuses of the fire, Candido Millan, Alonso Rivera, etc. I was treated not only with respect but was constantly praised on my talent and there I was cleaning the counter and caring that my expensive blouses were not stained with mud. I had taken the class on the recommendation of my porcelain professor, who suggested I could get relief to my frustration at not achieving absolute perfection of the forms on my porcelain pieces using mud which is a harder material and therefore easier to model on the lathe. Symmetry was of vital importance to me until then, I wanted everything to look perfect, broke every piece which had some small detail, but from them I learned that there is no beauty in perfection, the most praised pieces of the exhibition are often errors the artist committed and was not ashamed to show.

Alonso surrounded me so many times with his arms damp with clay to guide my hands on the lathe, so often slapped my back with his hands full of it or put in my mouth cookies  he shared with me without removing the mud from his hands that soon found I could protect my economy by dressing simply or Bringing other clothes and change in the bathroom and, that as people say "what doesn’t kill you will feed you"

I know it looks like I'm bragging but I’m not. I just want to share with you the best lesson I learned in life. People touch us with their love and their essence and what is left from them in us more often fills our souls than our intellect. That's a good teacher, someone who fills us with his divine essence and shapes our souls at the same time he teaches us. He plants part of his soul in our hearts to illuminate our own souls with his divine light and spreads over others through what he sowed in us.

More than physics, chemistry or artistic techniques with which certainly nurtured my intellect, I learned I can be myself without shame. Learned I don’t need to be the sum of perfection but to unleash my inner beauty and enjoy the spectacle of my own soul in full and naked, learned to rejoice in the wonderful human being I am. Every human is unique and individual and what makes him different from others makes him wonderful in some way and in that way makes him more beautiful than all other beings which inhabit this earth.

I learned I don’t need to hurry because there will always be a tomorrow, if I leave for tomorrow what I cannot do today I will do it with pleasure, enjoy my work every second of day and if my time on earth ends suddenly my work will be finished by others for I am not irreplaceable in the sands of time. Other grains have my same skills and what they keep as I left will be my lasting memory, my unfinished piece. Fortunately, if that piece is my children’s education they will complete for themselves what I started, and will do it better than I would, they will be as they want  without blame.

I learned to give to myself the honor I deserve without feeling the need of recognition from others. I am the one whom must love and respect me, others will do it if they want, they do not count in my inner world. The way I see the world and I see myself reflects in my behavior, I cannot avoid it. Being aware of whom I am and how much I worth helps me go to world with  firm step and open arms, ready to get a new teaching from whom  exalt my soul without knowing they have done it. Best part of all this teaching is I learned it on my own, there was no one trying to teach me how to live, only exhibited their souls in front of me, in full and naked, they plagued my soul with their essence and when I left did full of those whom decorated my life with their gracious presence and gave me a bite of their divine light.

I don’t want conclude this reflection without leaving a tip. Live; life is not only the best school but a wonderful show full of color and light, where shadows are just breaks to allow us to appreciate color on the next beam light that we brew. Love; for love is a feeling which makes us grow more when we give it than when receive it and, above all things in the world, Be yourself in full and naked.




Una Reflexion Para Alimentar El Alma
 

Yo fui alumna del dios del barro, el escultor Alonso Rivera, tenía un problema grave en esos días que se reflejaba en mi trabajo. Un trauma de infancia que me hacia obsesiva con la limpieza. Imagina un estudiante de arte que invierte mayor parte de su tiempo en mantener limpia y ordenada el área de trabajo que en crear. Pagaba la escuela más cara de la ciudad, me daba el lujo de ser la alumna de los genios del fuego, Cándido Millán, Alonso Rivera, etc. Se me trataba no solo con respeto sino que se ensalzaba constantemente mi talento y ahí estaba yo limpiando el mesón y cuidando que mis costosas blusas no se mancharan de barro. Había tomado la clase por recomendación de mi profesor de porcelana, quien sugirió que podía lograr alivio a mi frustración por no lograr la absoluta perfección de las formas en la porcelana trabajando con gres que es un material más duro y por tanto más fácil de modelar en el torno. La simetría era de vital importancia para mi hasta entonces, quería que todo luciera perfecto, rompía cada pieza que tenía algún pequeño detalle pero de ellos aprendí que no hay belleza en la perfección, las piezas más elogiadas de la exhibición son a menudo errores que el artista cometió y no se avergonzó de mostrar.

Alonso me rodeo tantas veces con sus brazos enchumbados de barro, para guiar mis manos en el torno y tantas veces dio palmadas en mi espalda con sus manos repletas de gres o metió en mi boca galletas que otros le llevaron como obsequio y que el compartió conmigo sin retirar la barro de sus manos que pronto descubrí que podía poner a salvo mi economía vistiendo con sencillez o llevar otras ropas y cambiarme en el baño y que como dice la gente que “lo que no mata engorda”

Si, se bien que parece que te estoy presumiendo pero no es así. Solo quiero compartir contigo la mejor lección que aprendí en la vida, la gente nos toca con su amor y con su esencia y lo que nos queda de ellos a menudo llena mas nuestra alma que nuestro intelecto, un buen maestro es eso, alguien que nos llena con su divina esencia y modela nuestra alma a la par que nos enseña, deja parte de si en nuestros corazones para iluminar nuestras almas con su divina luz y se esparce sobre otros por medio de lo sembró en nosotros.

Mas que la física, la química o las técnicas artísticas con las que desde luego alimentaron mi intelecto, aprendí que puedo ser yo misma sin avergonzarme de ello, que no necesito ser la suma de la perfección sino dar rienda suelta a mi propia belleza interior y disfrutar el espectáculo de mi propia alma en pleno y al desnudo, regocijarme en ese maravilloso ser humano que soy. Cada ser humano es un ser único e individual y eso que le hace diferente de los demás le hace a la vez maravilloso en algún sentido y en tal sentido le hace más bello que todos los demás seres que pueblan la tierra.

Aprendí que no necesito correr contra el tiempo pues siempre habrá un mañana, si dejo para mañana lo que no puedo hacer hoy lo hare con placer, disfrutare de mi labor cada segundo del día y si mi tiempo en este mundo se termina otros lo harán por mí, no soy irremplazable en las arenas del tiempo. Existen otros granos con mis mismas habilidades y lo que ellos conserven como lo deje yo hará perdurable mi memoria, será mi obra inconclusa. Por fortuna si esa obra es la educación de mis hijos ellos completaran por si mismos lo que yo empecé, lo harán mejor que yo, serán como ellos quieran ser sin sentirse culpables.

Aprendí a darme a mi misma el honor que merezco sin sentir necesidad del reconocimiento de otros. Soy yo quien me tiene que amar y respetar, los demás lo harán si quieren, ellos no cuentan en mi mundo interior. La forma en que yo veo el mundo y me veo a mi misma se refleja en mi conducta, no lo puedo evitar. Tener conciencia de quién soy y cuanto valgo me hace ir hacia él con paso firme y los brazos abiertos, presta para obtener una nueva enseñanza de quien engrandece mi alma sin saber que lo ha hecho pues lo mejor de toda esta enseñanza es que aprendí yo sola, no hubo nadie intentando enseñarme a vivir, solo exhibieron su alma frente a mí, en pleno y al desnudo, plagaron mi alma con su esencia y al partir salí llena de aquellos que decoraron mi alma con su grata presencia y me otorgaron un poco de su divina luz.

No quiero terminar esta reflexión sin dejarte un consejo; vive la vida no solo es la mejor de las escuelas sino un espectáculo maravilloso, pleno de color y de luz, donde las sombras son solo recesos que nos permitirán apreciar mejor el color en el siguiente rayo de luz que se nos cuele, ama que el amor es un sentimiento que nos engrandece mas cuando lo damos que cuando lo recibimos y, sobre todas las cosas del mundo, se tu mismo en pleno y al desnudo.

 
                                                                                                  









No comments:

Post a Comment